Sunday, May 15, 2011

Instructions for my husband: You have to wash raspberries before eating them.

Photo from TheRaspberryPatch.com
Actually, you have to wash all fruit before eating it - apples, pears, grapes, and yes, raspberries. Also, blueberries, blackberries, gooseberries, and huckleberries.

You do not have to wash bananas, melons or other fruit with a rind or other similar protective casing. Like a mango, you don't have to wash a mango.

And last, you need to wash raspberries, and other fruit, every single time. Especially when you're feeding it to kids. And extra-especially when you're feeding it to our kids. Seriously. Every f&^ing time.

This is my fourteenth post in my ongoing series Instructions for My Husband.

Misery loves company - if you would like to share an instruction for your husband please email me at anna@randomhandprints.com.

3 comments:

A Mommy in the City said...

LOL. My husband does the same thing! Drives me nuts! I'll just direct him to this post!

Queentob said...

Eventhough we buy strictly organic food, we do wash everything. I learned that you should wash foods with a rind as well because of the bacteria on the outside can get on the inside while slicing...ewww.

BUT I still let them eat our homegrown orgo raspberries straight from the garden :)

Unknown said...

@michelle i love eating stuff straight from the garden too - but we haven't grown raspberries, i bet they are amazing.

and i am so updating this post that rind fruits have to be washed as well, had no idea, but it makes sense now that i think about it...

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...