Sunday, May 22, 2011

What I'm thinking about on Sunday Night

Sunday night is usually a lazy one for me. I catch-up on my emails and blog reading, as well as whatever is on the DVR (which lately, isn't much). 

I think to myself this is going to be the week I become one of *those* moms. I'm gonna set the table for breakfast before I go to bed tonight! And tomorrow, I'm gonna set the table for dinner before the kids get home from school!

But I'm not one of *those* moms. And thankfully, Sellabit Mum isn't either. Her post Where Mother Earth Gets Pissed Off... is a hilarious description of how her September lunch-making ideals morphed into her May realities. I'm glad to know I'm not the only one.

Other things going on at our place last week:
And last, I waxed nostalgic about my childhood satin jacket as I watched my daughter Kay enjoy Shampoodle's awesome 21st century version.


Then I spent way too long looking for a photo of myself in my satin jacket. And here I am, wearing the jacket and playing miniature golf in the summer of 1979.

I'm also rocking the Dr. Scholl's and a fine pair of terry cloth shorts with the itty alligator and a rainbow stripe.

This week, I'm looking forward to the return of sunshine and hopefully a trip to a beach or a pool for Memorial Day Weekend. And clearly, I need to play a round of miniature golf. And you?

4 comments:

Nicole Feliciano said...

that is awesome!

A Mommy in the City said...

This last picture is priceless! I had the pair of Dr. Scholl's shoes too! They were my favorite!

Kristin said...

Both of those satin jackets are amazing! And that kangaroo (?) is nutso.

My mom always put out the breakfast dishes and dinner dishes twelve hours ahead of time, and she was still crazy. I don't think it helps. Still, I do strive to have the coffee pot ready to go, the dishes set out, and clothes for all of us already chosen and laid out the night before - someday.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

That satin jacket is rad! Both of em!

The other morning, I was so tired, I just laid down on the couch for a min while my family was getting ready to leave the house. When I woke up, no one was home. I didn't help anyone do anything and I didn't fix breakfast. They just....decided to ignore my incompetence and do it themselves. Where's my medal?

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...