Sunday, June 24, 2012

Looks like the tween is here to stay.

My last post compared my kids on the last day of school last year, and the last day of school this year.

I thought they looked pretty much the same, though Kay is wearing the shorts in this year's photo that her big sister Magpie was wearing last year, so clearly they've grown.

And the year-to-year comparison also revealed their little brother has traded pajamas for regular clothes, but evidently in the transformation forgotten his pants.

But what is most striking is that this is the year my 8-year-old daughter Magpie has decided she is over my photographing ways.

While six-year-old Kay is still clearly happy to pose, Magpie looks like this on the last day of school:


I thought maybe the grumpy barely-tolerating-this-whole-photo-taking-thing was just a reflection of her mood on that particular day and at that particular time.

But a quick look back to the first day of school picture reveals that yeah, that's just her new tween expression, all days, all times.


Thankfully, I've well-documented her pre-tween youth so I'll still have these school photos to enjoy.

And maybe next year, my beloved, dear child, you can crack a tiny smile for the camera?

Or, lemme know tween parents, maybe not?

I'm linking up to Finding the Funny at Kelley's Break Room and My Life and Kids, because semi-surly tweens are funny, right?

5 comments:

Meredith said...

The first picture alone made me snot--gotta love those tweens! :)

Jennifer said...

My son Boo is 8...so you're saying I have a tween?! I'm in no way ready for that.
Kay's poses are very cute!

RandomHandprints said...

oh yeah, you got yourself a tween. get ready for the fun!

RandomHandprints said...

if this is tween, i fear (truly, really, honestly fear) teen.

Kelleysbreakroom said...

Haha!! So, there's such a thing as "pre-tween", too?? Yeah, she doesn't look to into it. Both are adorable!

(Thanks for linking this up over at #findingthefunny last week!)

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...