Wednesday, September 7, 2011

{Wordless Wednesday} First Day of First Grade (and Third Grade, too)

Today my kids started school. Here's Kay all first-graded out.


And here they are together, the first-grader and the already jaded third-grader:


It seems like just yesterday I was sending Mapgie off to first grade, and Kay to pre-k.


Tomorrow the little guy starts Nursery School. And I guess in four years, I'll add his first grade photo here, too.

For now, I'm working on explaining to him the baffling concept that an ice cream cone and a shoe cone are not the same thing.


Happy Back to School! How did everyone's first day of school go?

10 comments:

New Jersey Memories said...

Time goes so fast! Your kids are so cute!

L.A.C.E. said...

My eldest starts High school tomorrow. My 2nd starts kindergarten. only 2 left at home. sigh. your kids are adorable!

New Jersey Memories said...

Oh, by the way, I became your 99th Follower with my The Literary Lioness blog and your 100th follower with the New Jersey Memories blog! Congratulations!

Night Owl Mama said...

Such personality they certainly are a pair..

luv the socks in the last pic

Jennifer @ Mom Spotted said...

They definitely look happy to go back!

l.e.s.ter said...

Is Magpie practicing her "sullen teen" look? And do first graders have to carry laptops now?

Stacy Uncorked said...

Princess Nagger just started 3rd grade, too! she was as 'excited' as Magpie looks in that picture. ;) Your girls are adorable! :)

WW: Little Dude the (Chocolate) Ham

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

@stacy uncorked i'm glad my daughter isn't the only third grader sporting 'tude already.

@l.e.s.ter - kay is copying the look of the middle schooler next door - who does in fact have to carry a laptop.

Liz Mays said...

I love how they're kinda sassy in those photos! Glad it went well!

Tami @ ThisMomsDelight.com said...

Cute kiddos!

I neglected my Alexa rating for a month and it has changed quite significantly! Visit me please!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...