Monday, June 27, 2011

More Ideas for July Fourth Celebrations - Festive Cakes and Jello Creations

I know I already posted a bunch of ideas for July Fourth crafts and eats, but I found so many more cute foods, I just had to share these, too.

My favorite for all-around awesome is the Red, White & Blue Cake made with Red Velvet and Blue Velvet cakes, and the traditional Cream Cheese Frosting.

Photo from Cake or Death?

Here's the recipe from Cake... Or Death?

Photo from Cake or Death?

The cake is beautiful, but for those who don't quite have the time commitment it would require, there are also so many cute Fourth of July desserts made with Jell-o.

Look at these choices:

Brown Eyed Baker has Stained Glass Jell-o


Taste of Home has Red, White & Blue Jell-o Cubes:

 
And last, here are two options that combine both cake and Jell-o, (which admittedly, probably look better than they taste):



Kraft's Patriotic Poke Cake:



And the Patriotic Quilt "Cake"


Do you have a favorite July Fourth dessert? Would love to hear your recipes!

For lots more ideas, check out all the July Fourth posts and the Red, White and Blue Pinterest Board I made.

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Yum! I'd love to make the patriotic quilt cake. But I'd probably have to eat the whole thing myself. Kids (and huz) would prefer one of the patriotic Jell-o treats. Would you believe I've never ever made Jell-o from the box? Weird, I know.

kelly @kellynaturally said...

Oh yummo... the quilt cake!

And would you believe, I've never made jello for my children (red 40 sensitivity)! Wonder if there's a natural version of jello? They'd love those stained glass stars!

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

i have clear gelatin. i am going to try and make a fruit juice flavored/colored version and will let you know if it works.

kelly @kellynaturally said...

Please let me know how it goes; I'm really interested to see if that will work!!

We avoid lots of items b/c of the Red 40 issue - my DD breaks out in big hives.

But depriving my kiddos of jello seems somehow anti-american. ;)

Kerri said...

Yummy. I remember my mom used to make a cake that you added Jello too. Very unique taste!
Thanks for all the great holiday ideas.

Nicole Feliciano said...

Love all these ideas. Thanks so much for sharing on Momtrends and have a great 4th!

Jenn said...

Great ideas!

Anonymous said...

I SOOOOOO wish I hadn't seen that damned delicious red-and-blue velvet cake recipe!!! Will be sure to tweet you the resulting picture of me bursting out of my bathing suit at the town pool in a few weeks.

Kristin said...

That first cake is gorgeous. Love the other ideas too - but the first one rocks it. Thanks!

Unknown said...

Thanks for linking up for this amazing cake! You're featured on my blog today!
http://cookinformycaptain.blogspot.com/2011/07/4th-july-favorites.html

shreeram01 said...

Cake baking is a wonderful hobby and joyfulness. It will definitely make the mind pleasure and stress-free.
Cake Baking Classes in Chennai
Cake Making Classes in Chennai
Best Baking Classes in Chennai

Slope Unlocked said...

Slope is the most exciting speed game. At first glance, the game may seem simple, but you should try to play it at least once. You will not notice how you spend several hours enthusiastically playing it. The game developers have thought through every detail so that you not only play the game but also develop your reaction. The simple design of the Slope unblocked games will not overload your visual channel, so you can play it for several hours and not feel exhausted. This game is suitable for both young children and adults - it is universal and will interest any player.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...