Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fun Flags and Fireworks for July Fourth - A few Ideas for Handprint Crafts and Cute Holiday Foods

July Fourth is one of my favorite summer holidays.

The Fourth of July will be here before we know it, and what better way to celebrate Independence Day than with a festive and patriotic handprint craft?  I also found so many cute July 4th food ideas, I had to share some of those, too.

Here are a few of my favorites (if they look familiar, some were already featured here for Memorial Day and Flag Day):

The Patriotic Bald Eagle:
Photo from All Kids Network
And how awesome is this Edible Eagle?
Photo from Family Fun
There is also always the handprint American Flag:
Photo from Lesson Plans Page
And the handprint and footprint American Flag:

Photo from Serendipity
And (of course) the edible Fresh Fruit Flag:
Photo from Preschool Rock
I also love these elegant edible flag cupcakes from Diary of a Ladybird:


And last, what would July 4th be without the fireworks?  Make 'em with handprints:

Picture from All Kids Network
Or make these candy-licious July Fourth Fireworks Cupcakes from Parentdish:


These cupcakes are made with assorted candy - jelly beans, cut licorice, swedish fish, etc. - and I love that each kid can decorate an individual fireworks display on their own cupcake. You could also use the candy to make American flag cupcakes, love this version from Sugar & Sprinkles:



Happy July Fourth!!!!

For more July Fourth ideas, check our archives. And we've got a lot of patriotic red, white and blue ideas on Pinterest, too.
Would love to hear how you'll be celebrating the Fourth of July. We'll be taking our annual beach vacation, and I'll be making my family favorite red velvet and blue velvet cake, but that's a recipe for another post...

10 comments:

Jessica said...

These are great ideas. I like how for most of them you can involve little ones in it.

Kristin said...

Ditto on the fruit kabobs. And the fireworks idea is super-cute too. Looks like good messy *outdoor* fun to me. You know I love that handprint stuff!

Lynn said...

All really fun ideas:@)

Nicole Feliciano said...

That berry-skewer flag is awesome. Thanks so much for sharing!

Sarah at The Stroller Ballet said...

Amazing ideas!!!! That berry flag is so cool. Peanut would love!

Unknown said...

These are so fun! I definitely think I am going to try that edible eagle with my boys. On another note, thanks for stopping by my BFF post at Things I Can't Say about my son's speech and that mean turtle. :) Following you now!

Queentob said...

I have 2 parties to go and I will def. "steal" the fresh fruit one! for the kids, Serendity's idea should be a craft even I can't mess up :)(I will post photo)

Thanks for the ideas!

Kerri said...

Will you come over and make the fresh fruit flag? Love that!

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Have a fab time on your family vacation, mama! The three of us are leaving this week to Napa for a few weeks. That's where we'll be for the 4th. Looking forward to seeing you again soon. xo. =)

Lucy said...

With fun dessert ideas like these, let's keep the 4th party going all summer long!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...