Monday, June 6, 2011

In Praise of Dumpster Diving and Dancing

I was digging through my old photos, looking to see if I had any that showed  one of my "finds" from the curbs of New York City, which I wanted to share with my friend Liz at Flourish in Progress in case she was looking for inspiration for her upcoming Dumpster Diving trip.

And I did find one, a photo of a not-half-bad painting of camels hanging on the wall of my living room. My nice Jewish family found this on Christmas Day when we were leaving a Thai restaurant. How's that for a New York story?


While I was looking for the curb find photos, I also found this pretty awesome video of my daughter Kay dancing on the front porch of our old house, fifteen seconds of pure kiddiness. And of course, I just had to share.




Oh to be young again.

7 comments:

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

SCORE! i went on Saturday. i did not get bitten by stray dogs or contract any illnesses. all in all, i consider that a success. however, i didn't find anything as awesome as nice. not even close!!

p.s. watch out Rockettes! baby's got some moves!

Liz said...

The whole scenario of camels, Christmas, a Jewish family and a Thai restaurant really is an eclectic mix. :)

Liz Mays said...

I really need to travel the curbs with you!

PS. Vid doesn't work for me. :(

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

video fixed!

l.e.s.ter said...

Red Sox cap? How did that get past the dad filter?

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

@lester i was wondering if anyone would notice. good thing dad is not an oft-blog reader.

Kristin said...

Fun stuff. I wonder if that will encourage me to start decluttering on this sweltering day. Yep. I sure do wonder about that.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...