Monday, June 6, 2011

In Praise of Dumpster Diving and Dancing

I was digging through my old photos, looking to see if I had any that showed  one of my "finds" from the curbs of New York City, which I wanted to share with my friend Liz at Flourish in Progress in case she was looking for inspiration for her upcoming Dumpster Diving trip.

And I did find one, a photo of a not-half-bad painting of camels hanging on the wall of my living room. My nice Jewish family found this on Christmas Day when we were leaving a Thai restaurant. How's that for a New York story?


While I was looking for the curb find photos, I also found this pretty awesome video of my daughter Kay dancing on the front porch of our old house, fifteen seconds of pure kiddiness. And of course, I just had to share.




Oh to be young again.

8 comments:

Elizabeth-Flourish in Progress said...

SCORE! i went on Saturday. i did not get bitten by stray dogs or contract any illnesses. all in all, i consider that a success. however, i didn't find anything as awesome as nice. not even close!!

p.s. watch out Rockettes! baby's got some moves!

Liz said...

The whole scenario of camels, Christmas, a Jewish family and a Thai restaurant really is an eclectic mix. :)

blueviolet said...

I really need to travel the curbs with you!

PS. Vid doesn't work for me. :(

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

video fixed!

Jill said...

Not bad at all! That video is too much. Whip that out on her first date PLS

l.e.s.ter said...

Red Sox cap? How did that get past the dad filter?

Anna ~ Random Handprints said...

@lester i was wondering if anyone would notice. good thing dad is not an oft-blog reader.

Kristin said...

Fun stuff. I wonder if that will encourage me to start decluttering on this sweltering day. Yep. I sure do wonder about that.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...