But with this week's Helpful Tip, you'll always have wrapping paper at the ready, even when you don't.
Here are a few reliable, easy ways to wrap a present sans traditional wrapping paper:
- Cut-up a brown paper bag and add a twine bow for an old-fashioned, retro look
- Use tin foil for a more festive holiday look, this method is especially good if you also don't have scissors and tape - just fold and press
- Find some packing paper, decorate for a more personal touch
- Recycle reading materials made obsolete by the digital age - phone books, calendars, maps, and for the literary, the dictionary
- Locate a piece of fabric, anything from a bandanna to a dish towel will work, just make sure it's clean
- Empty a bag of potato chips - seriously, just cut along the seam, wash, dry, and wrap shiny-side-out. Don't believe me that this is a real idea? It is - directly from MarthaStewart.com.
|Photo from MarthaStewart.com|