Monday, December 27, 2010

More Blizzard of 2010 - Afternoon Sledding Video and Pics

Our morning trip out to enjoy the two-plus feet of snow we got here in Jersey was fun, but a total fail as far as sledding goes. The snow just wouldn't pack. I didn't want to give-up though, so for our afternoon trip out (fortified by hot chocolate and a screening of The Wizard of Oz) I let the girls try sledding down the steps of our patio.

I warned them I could get my Mom-card taken away for such a bad and un-mom-like idea, but they promised not to turn me in. Now, I just need to trust that none of you do, either.

First up, Kay sleds the steps:
video

And here, her sister Magpie goes for a ride, too:
video

Update! Ziggy and me on a sled.  So he won't look back one day and ask why he didn't get a turn. (You did. Don't worry, Ziggy, you did. And a cookie, too.)

 video

For those of you who can't possibly be bothered watching videos of kids sled, here are some stills:

Ready to sled!

Sled in hands!

Sledder down!

Look at all this snow!

1, 2, 3... Go!

Finally, Sledding!

Weee!
Last ride of the afternoon. 'Till tomorrow!


3 comments:

Brenna @ Almost All The Truth said...

Love the photos! I think my kids would be super jealous of all that snow, even if it wasn't good sledding snow. ;)

Jill said...

Cool sled!! They look like they're having a blast! Oh, to be a kid again and not aggravated by the snow. It's supposed to be really warm for the rest of the week so tell them to enjoy it while it lasts!

Dagmar said...

How fun! I bet they wish the ride was longer :)
Thanks for commenting and linking up.

Dagmar
Dagmar's momsense

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...