Friday, December 31, 2010

Brittney & Jeanette go to the movies: A look back to New Year's Eve 2009

Here is it New Year's Eve, and I'm home blogging about chipmunks. But honestly, I wouldn't have it any other way because I have such a tale of Mother's pride to share with all of you.

Earlier this week we took the girls to see the new Chipmunks movie, and I am serious when I say I couldn't be prouder of my kids then when they told me they wanted to dress-up like the Chipettes (the girl chipmunks) for our screening of Alvin and the Chipmunks 2 - The Squeakquel.

Magpie and Kay spent the entirety of the morning prior to our early afternoon showtime prepping and primping like a bunch of gay guys off to see Madonna play Evita in the mid-1990s.
Here are the girls at the theater:

Kay with her chipmunk ears

And the fabulous Chipettes themselves.
I think Magpie channelled Jeanette (in the purple) incredibly well, whereas Kay who is not always one to be the front man of the band, really seemed to step-up and make an absolutely believable Brittney (for those of you who haven't seen the film yet, she's the chipmunk in the pink).
Again, let me mention, prouder I could not be.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...