Saturday, October 27, 2012

31 Days of Halloween: Day 27 - Hurricane Sandy Don't be Another Snow-tober

Last year, my kids didn't really get Halloween because of the Snow-tober snowstorm we got here in Jersey


that left our roads essentially impassable, our schools closed, and mothers like myself forced to eat the trick-or-treaters candy all by ourselves.

We all do what we can do.

Last year we were able to make the most of our Halloween day at home, dressing-up the stuffed animals in homemade Halloween costumes:


and turning clementines into Jack-O-Lanterns with Duck Tape.


But the reality outside was that Halloween really wasn't gonna happen.


So this year, call me first-world, but I am really hoping my kids get a good Halloween.

Even if that means I get less candy.

Because us mothers? We're selfless like that.

Happy Halloween and wishing safety to all riding out the storm.



.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Ugh, Anna, are we going to have miss it again this year?! Crazy weather! Here's hoping for the best (even with less candy for Mommy!)

Queentob said...

Cozy up! Worse case we're celebrating Halloween on a "rain date" I sewed their costumes for crying out loud!! Ha!! Be safe!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...