Friday, December 6, 2013

Gift Ideas (and More Gift Ideas) for Kids

One of the lucky perks of being a writer for parenting publications is I get to review toys, all year round and even more so in the holiday shopping frenzy that leads up to Christmas. I go to the annual Toy Fair in New York City and to smaller events throughout the year and find out both what's hot from the big players and what's cool from the smaller specialty companies.

So... if you're looking for gift ideas for kids this holiday season, here are my picks for the very best toys:

New Jersey Family Magazine Holiday Gift Guide - this gift guide has gifts in categories from WOW! Factor to Making a Difference. You'll find something for every kind of kid and occasion.

10 Best Gift for Kids this Holiday Season - I'm sharing my own favorite picks on BaristaKids.com for kids toys and gifts, most which have been personally tested (and approved) by my three kids.


I also have eight gift guides I wrote here, covering everything from the Best Wooden Toys to toys with the words a parent most likes to see: No Assembly Required.

And if you've already moved on to the gift wrapping portion of your holiday season, here are my tips for wrapping gifts without tape, and even without wrapping paper.

Note: The Happy Holidays blocks pictured top left are from Uncle Goose, these handcrafted wood blocks made in the USA are one of my favorites and come in lots of fabulous designs, including the Hebrew alphabet and the newly issued Stack and Scare.

 
Do you have a favorite kids toy? Share in the comments! And more importantly, if there are any to avoid let me know!

17 comments:

Kathy at kissing the frog said...

My boys love those Magna Tiles in the upper left hand corner. We got them last year, and I'm amazed to see what they create with them. They stay together pretty well, too (of course, nothing is indestructible when you have four boys!).

souvenir gift shops said...

These are awesome gift ideas for Children, I got bookmarked your site.

steve7876 said...

My boys love those Magna Tiles in the upper left hand corner. We got them last year, and I'm amazed to see what they create with them. They stay together pretty well, too (of course, nothing is indestructible when you have four boys!). Autos Nuevos

steve7876 said...

This signifiantly impacts cleaning. Good product, easy to install, fits well, Bosch knows how to make a great product thats easy to install and stays in place. My naps are most excellent now. fashion blog

steve7876 said...

Take the car in rental on daily basis is profitable for the owner but a great loss for the customer. No doubt car repair and service are the responsible of the owner but the rental cost is more high than the owner's expenditure. fashion blog

Jhon clerk said...

Thanks for posting this info. I just want to let you know that I just check out your site and I find it very interesting and informative. I can’t wait to read lots of your posts.fx pip rebates

shahbaz said...

Here i found nice environment to get new ideas and views and the i have read the comments of this blog and these are really nice and it is glad to comment here.learn to surf at surf camp

keven man said...

Extremely useful information specially the final phase I maintain such info a lot. recuperacao de hd

eyelid surgery atlanta said...

I worked with them for 3 years and their commitment with their work made me their fan…eyelid surgery atlanta

keven man said...

Many thanks with the information and facts. You equipped meals for believed. Many thanks for sharing the data and specifics. writers essay

limo rental LA Guardia said...

Spot on with this write-up, I truly believe that this amazing site needs much more attention. I’ll probably be returning to read more, thanks for the info!limo rental LA Guardia

lawyers in West Palm Beach florida said...

My business is your doleful centered business among this fillet serene and hoist an particular developing your ranch to aid iridescence hesitate your enormous attention.lawyers in West Palm Beach florida

maria insberia said...

Some helpful information within really. Nice to see your site. thanks a lot Another great post, midbrook steel buildings

maria insberia said...

Bookmarked. Also visit my site kindly. Many thanks your site is kind of ideal for me. Bike Accident Lawyer Key West

robinson fps said...

It is a sexy prominent bauble. My occupation is cute clout pleased negligible your legitimate pointed. You belong fully important information.robinson fps

Personal injury attorney Plantation said...

In several organisations additionally, whenever the vacancy starts up, the TES work employees are thought first before it’s advertised outwardly.Personal injury attorney Plantation

silicone coin purse said...

What a lovely idea about gift..Nice to read this interesting post..I LOVEEE FRUGAL GIFT GIVING! silicone coin purse

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...