Friday, April 22, 2011

Instructions for my Husband: Trash needs to find its way out of our house and into the garbage cans outside.

Maybe one day we will be master composters. Maybe one day we will have a domestic employee whose sole job is waste removal. We could call him the Trash Butler, or perhaps she would be the Ambassador of Rubbish. Maybe even the Garbage Czar. You get the idea. All these details can be worked out at a later date.

But right now? We just have me. And you. And the trash. Trash that is inside our house and needs -some way, any way - to get outside our house and into the trash cans patiently waiting for it outside.

And as an extra free instruction, if you smell something that smells like (you guessed it!) trash... IT IS TRASH. And it needs to go out.

And while I'm at it, Don't Put Ice In the Trash!

Please tell me your husband takes the trash out.

This is the tenth post in my ongoing series of Instructions for My Husband.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry - We kind of split it, with the chose leaning more towards me. He wants to do it, but I prefer dealing with trash and recycling so he can start (and sometimes finish) bathing the kids. It's my ME time. Trash.

We do compost, but I got really lazy about it during the horrid weather times. Then it dwindled. It makes a huge difference in the amount of trash. And the trash smells a lot better without the scraps. It helps to be a veggie family though. You can't stick chicken or meat in there. The closest thing is egg shells.

I love this series...can't wait for the next one!

Unknown said...

i'm so glad you love this series, but i look forward to the day i know longer need to leave instructions for my dear hubby.

and i would be so ok with my husband and me splitting the trash 50/50. but i do not want to do all of it. 'cause that's how i roll as a post-modern feminist.

Kim said...

While the source of this series may cause you daily pain at home, please tell your husband not to stop providing this blog material. I love it.

My husband is in charge of the trash. It works out well about 70% of the time. That said, since I'm local, let me know if you find a Trash Butler. Should we check Craig's List?

Devonay said...

So funny! Thanks for stopping by my blog! I can't wait to read the rest of this series. Good stuff!

Aimee @ Explore, Learn, Have Fun! said...

I can relate!! I have to remind (nag) my husband often. Sigh. I will have to check back for more of this series - bet I will find more to relate to! : ) Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Aimee @
justkiddingaroundatlanta.blogspot.com

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...