Thursday, June 20, 2013

MY UGO - Unidentified Garden Object.

You know that old saying, the more things change the more they stay the same?

Well, it appears that is the case right now with my constantly tended, and yet so fledgling, garden.

Last year I posted (with confidence, I might add) this photo and the caption "gardening success."



This year, I am posting the same photo but with the caption "Unidentified Garden Object."

Is this yellow flower I was so proud to have blooming last year, actually a weed?


And if so, why didn't anyone tell me it was a weed and not a flower I should be bragging about as a sign of my totally awesome gardening skills?

Oh well, flower or weed it doesn't really matter.

As my mom always says: weeds are just flowers that nobody wants.

 
And whatever this yellow flower is that is growing in my garden, I totally love it.

So tell me, what do you think? Is my Unidentified Garden Object a flower or a weed?

3 comments:

Running Meg said...

Looks like a flower to me. The only weed I recognize is the dandelion!

Kathy at kissing the frog said...

I have no idea, but I really appreciate this post. I have just started learning to garden and I'm clueless. I was happy for your little "flower" in picture #1 and giggled about your potential "weed" in picture # 2.

Liz Mays said...

Gosh, I don't know but even if it's a weed, it's an awfully pretty one!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...