Monday, June 10, 2013

I may lack Internet, but I have spa night and cicadas

My Internet has been down since Thursday.

It's been terrible for my deadlines, but otherwise I'm doing OK with this sudden break from my constant and beloved companion.

And it's given me time to have Spa Night with my daughters:


and to help the kids build a cicada zoo, a cicada circus, and my favorite: the cicada farm.


Note: by "help" I mean telling them, "Do not come near me with those things!"

We've also had the usual 873 end-of-year school activities, here's my fourth-grader on her way to the chorus performance:


What have you been doing? And more importantly, what have I missed online?!

3 comments:

Running Meg said...

The picture of the cicadas made my ears ring and my vision go blurry for a second. I'm not normally afraid of bugs but large ones intimidateme. Glad you've raised some tough kiddos!

BadParentingMoments said...

The cicadapocalypse is so freaky. I kind of wish my internet would go down. That's what it would take for me to back away and have my own spa day. Welcome back.

Deborah Quinn said...

They touch cicadas? Sweet jeeezuz there isn't enough money in the world to persuade me to do that. You've raised some brave babies. Yes, I know cicadas are harmless except: RED EYES ARE THE MARK OF THE DEVIL

sorry. breathing again. sometimes I think it would be really, really good for me if my internet went kablooey for a few days.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...