Friday, April 27, 2012

Old Photo Friday with Bonus Yes, I Still Have It AND Who Wore it Better!

I was digging around the ol' photos, and I found this great one: me at my college graduation.
Photo by my brother.
And wearing my cool vintage 1950s shades. While I insisted on wearing them to the graduation ceremony, I remember my mom telling me to take them off for the photos or, and I quote, "You'll regret it when you look back at the photos one day."
Photo by my brother.
I didn't take the sunglasses off, not out of defiance or disagreement with my mother, but just because I forgot.

For years afterwards, when I looked at my graduation photos I would hear my mother's words, and I would worry, "She was right! I am going to regret this one day! And now there's nothing I can do about it!"

But seeing these pics today,and it's been close to twenty years now, I'm happy to report that I'm totally OK with it.

And would you believe I still have those sunglasses? And I can now happily add this post to the Yes, I still have it archives.

And my son loves to wear them, fondly remembered now as Mommy's "graduation glasses."


Which of course means I have to ask, who wore it better?


And Ziggy? When the time comes - please, please, please don't even think about wearing them to your college graduation.

6 comments:

l.e.s.ter said...

I don't know about the sunglasses, but Ziggy definitely wore the ALIENS? t-shirt better.

RandomHandprints said...

good point. better hope kay doesn't see this or she will take that as a personal challenge to fit into a toddler 2 tee.

claybaboons said...

LOVE those glasses! I think it's great that you still have them. :)

RandomHandprints said...

aw, thanks! i'm so glad you used the word "great" and not the word "hoarder-ish"

kim @ the fordeville diaries said...

I love the glasses! And, yes, I can believe you still have them after my recent hoarding episode ;)

RandomHandprints said...

perhaps you and i will even *be* on a hoarding episode one day!

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...