Sunday, March 13, 2011

The wedding - from my seven-year-old daughter's point of view

My uncle got married this weekend. It was the best day ever.

First it was the best because I got to wear my junior bridesmaid dress. It is sparkly and it swirls great when I spin around. I love it.

And, I got to wear shoes with high heels. Real heels. I picked them out with my mom at the store and asked for them really nicely. She laughed and said, "Magpie, those heels are much too high for you. Tell me, why would I buy such inappropriate shoes for a seven-year-old?

And, I said: "Because you're the best mom ever."

I guess that was the right thing to say, because she smiled real big and got me the shoes and a headband and a purse and another dress. They were all sparkly too.

Finally, we went to the wedding. We got there right when Uncle did so I got a picture of him in his car:



And when he got out of the car:


This is the wedding. There was too much to see to keep it all straight:

And, I made a new friend, who I think is my cousin now. At least that's what I called her.


The wedding was the best ever.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, so sweet! Glad your daughter (and you) enjoyed the wedding!

Alicia said...

Haha... I love these photos! So cute! Nice to know you have a good time.

Elizabeth-FlourishinProgress said...

Magpie does have the best mom ever.

So glad she got those high heels. Lol.

Unknown said...

thanks everyone! the wedding was happy times indeed, and magpie rocked those heels!

skramly said...

This is awesome. Thanks to Magpie for being the best junior bridesmaid ever!

-Skramly (Magpie's new aunt)

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...