Thursday, September 19, 2013

Talk Like a Pirate Today!

Today, September 19, is National International Talk Like a Pirate Day. Invented by two (possibly three) presumably bored and inebriated guys back in 1995.
 
My kids love pirates.

So, on their behalf, we'll be celebrating today with plenty of arrrs, avasts, costumes and the always festive meal of hardtack.


 


Need help talkin' like a pirate? Check out this handy pirate-english translator. Now if I could just find a woof-english translator...

I just read the original Dave Barry column that started it all, and aye, that be funny, matey.

Will you be talking like a pirate today? My husband has assured me he'll be yelling "Shiver me timbers!" as often as possible not only while at his office, but also on his way there via the New York City subway. Should be good times.

This post is a re-publish from 2011. I guess I forgot to be pirate-y in 2012.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...