Thursday, June 17, 2010

End of the School Year Melancholy

The end of the school year always makes me sad in a schmaltzy, sentimental way. Which is hilarious, since I tend to hate everything about my role in the kids schooling. I hate the driving back-n-forth in the ridiculous traffic and pick-up lines. I hate the whole being-on-a-schedule and must-be-on-time thing. I hate making lunch day in and day out. And most of all, I hate having to nag Magpie to do her homework.

But with a mere few days left, it's as if I'm someone else. It's as if I loved everything about school. I can't believe tomorrow is my last Friday Volunteer day in Kay's class. I can't believe Magpie will never, ever bring home another first grade art project. And what I really can't believe is that this fall I will have a Kindergartner and a Second-grader. And a baby another year closer to starting school.

I know this is hardly an original thought, but it is so true, they really do grow-up so fast.

No comments:

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...