Sunday, October 2, 2011

Instructions for my Husband: Five Guys is not Good For You.

Let me just start by saying I also think Five Guys burgers are delicious. And yes, I also wish that Five Guys Burgers was good for you, or even just sorta-ok for you.

But, sadly, Five Guys burgers aren't even ok to eat every once-in-awhile.

They are straight-up as bad as fast food, which completely surprised me too, but it's true. And as you know, I don't eat fast food. So I guess I'm not eating Five Guys anymore.

Here are the numbers, directly from Five Guys nutritional guide:

A single burger (which they call a little burger) is 480 calories and 26 grams of fat.

And the double burger (which they call a burger) is a perfectly frightening 700 calories and 43 grams of fat.

And last, just in case you're thinking it's not that bad, take a quick comparison to the McDonald's nutritional guide:

A Big Mac is 540 calories and 29 grams of fat, not as bad for you as a Five Guys burger.

And a McD hamburger? Is actually less bad for you than a Five Guys Little Burger - 250 calories and 9 grams of fat.

I think the McD serving sizes are smaller than the Five Guys ones, but still... it's pretty bad.

And no, I don't think Five Guys is lying on their nutritional information sheet to make the food seem worse for you then it is.

This is my twenty-fourth instruction for my husband in my ongoing series Instructions for My Husband.

Image source: Clip art licensed from Clip Art Gallery on DiscoverySchool.com.

16 comments:

Kim @The Fordeville Diaries said...

Oh, you didn't. You didn't just ruin Five Guys for me. Forever.
Or, I guess, thanks for saving my life. {Begrudgingly.}

@pluslily said...

I recently FINALLY had a five girls burger and did not like it. it wasn't my thing. too greasy, space was dirty and the whole mass market thing was kinda gross. so glad that you wrote this post with the stats.
- maria @plusily

amverland said...

That burger in the graphic may be smiling, but I am crying.

Melissa said...

I find myself eating those more and more lately. I can't believe how fattening it is! I mean wow! But it's good to know, thanks.

take2mommy said...

Yikes! Those are some scary numbers. Never been to a Five Guys burger place...don't think there's one near us. Thankfully.

Glamamom said...

Wow. I've actually never had and this certainly doesn't help their case.

shannon2818 said...

My husband likes that place too - I'm a vegetarian so I haven't tried it.

RandomHandprints said...

believe me, i'm not happy about this turn of events either. damn internet.

RandomHandprints said...

i should email that burger this post, and see if he's smiling then!

RandomHandprints said...

i was eating a lot of five guys too which is why i looked up the nutritional info., and yeah, wow. who knew?

kdwald said...

Now I have to go to the Elevation Burger site. That's my husband's pick when we go out. Their veggie burgers are really good!

Blueviolet said...

That's terrifying! I've only eaten there once and I had grilled cheese (which was awful), but I know they sell french fries in giant bags so I'm thinking a burger and fries is a death wish.

RandomHandprints said...

the calories on the fries was so bad (like 4 digit bad) i couldn't face typing it out.

Clix said...

But they're sooooo tasty!

Also, I love this series. ^.^

Shannon said...

I've never eaten at one, but I might be afraid to now! ;o)

Thanks for linking up to Momtrends this week!

~Shannon, Food Channel Editor, Momtrends.com

Unknown said...

As a (former) calorie counter, I still ate Five Guys, but I planned for it, and only ate half of the burger and a handful of fries. It wasn't easy to do, but better than swearing off Five Guys forever. Cuz that, my friend, is crazy talk.

{Keep Reading}

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...